The Interior Designer – Interior Design is responsible for supporting design efforts, utilizing conceptual skills, industry experience and imagination to bring innovation and creative excellence to the organization's creative and design deliverables.
The Interior Designer – Interior Design has a strong understanding of design quality and design skills embracing all facets of a holistic design process overall project phases from research, concept creation, and design development to implementation and liaison with development partners and vendors. The position requires excellent communication/collaboration skills with cross-disciplinary teams and external clients, suppliers and creative partners across global locations. S/he effectively presents concepts and creative deliverables to various internal and external audiences and works with assigned project team(s) to create and deliver powerful and compelling presentations.
Reports to: Design Manager – Interior Design
Internal: Creative leads, design team, project management, and program management
External: Management and staff at client companies, contractors, industry influencers, and industry associations
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to create relevant design solutions for a broad range of market segments.
- Ensure design solutions demonstrate sensitivity to color, design and cultural differences while maximizing design flair and technical expertise.
- Support client specific presentations to convey design solutions through hand and electronic renderings, models, mechanical drawings, and/or written reports.
- Participate in project team meetings to ensure that all project deliverable are of high quality, are on schedule and on budget.
- Make decisions and/or facilitate team meetings to drive decisions to actively move projects forward.
- Possess the ability to stand behind and defend ones design decisions
- Ensure design quality that meets client objectives and budget
- Document key information using the established formats, templates and processes.
- Model TEAGUE’s values and competencies; comply with policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to statement of work/scoping activity, resource, and budget planning with designated Project Manager.
- Support project management with schedule and budget status, and documents out of scope efforts.
- Conducts internal and client phase reviews.
- Work with the project team to track projects and ensure client objectives are met within the constraints of scope, schedule and budget.
- Follow internal TEAGUE project process and use TEAGUE project and data management tools.
- Adhere to TEAGUE document retention procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Supports client schedule event tracking.
- Lead and/or support multiple projects.
- Bring new ideas, concerns and techniques to the group and leadership.
- Reach out to other groups within TEAGUE to build understanding and improve communication.
QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Style and Values
- Affinity for working in a creative company.
- An entrepreneurial, hands-on, high-energy style.
- Appreciate and model the value of team collaboration and building effective people relationships.
- Authentic, transparent and effective style and communication.
- Effective navigator - successfully arbitrate disparate views towards a positive outcome; find win/win solutions in a leadership role that demands the ability to balance competing priorities and interests with the cultural values of a creative company.
- Effectively deal with ambiguity and change.
- High intellect and curiosity quotient.
- Impeccable integrity, business and personal/work ethics.
- Innovative thinker and problem-solver.
- Interest in building and transforming; navigating the exploration, discovery and uncertainty inherent in doing something new.
- Open-minded and willing to embrace diverse opinions and perspectives.
- Passionate about what you do.
- Strong, decisive, flexible and collaborative leader.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years related work experience in Interior Design.
- Proven design background covering all aspects of interior design including, but not limited to client presentation, concept development, materials development, sourcing, implementation and
- Branding know how and the ability to integrate the brand experience in an interior environment.
- Sensitivity to color and design, and a strong aesthetic judgment.
- Advanced understanding of design process including divergent (brainstorming), convergent (concept-selection), and detail-design phases.
- Proven track record in design excellence, delivering successful projects and creating satisfied clients.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working with multi-disciplinary design team.
- Knowledge of project management framework and process.
- Demonstrated experience successfully presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequent interaction with clients and co-workers requires regular attendance in the work place.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to reach and grab objects.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently required to travel to other TEAGUE facilities in the greater Seattle area.
Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time in support of client and/or vendor meetings.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in design Interior Design, Environmental Design or Interior Architecture.
- Exceptional presentation skills and a positive and expressive personality with proven capabilities to engage and inspire clients.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat; MS Office Suite, including, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Lync; Mac OS including Keynote.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong negotiation skills.
- The vision to combine technology with creative design solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Be vested in the results- treat TEAGUE as if it was your own company.
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.